Time: 8:30am-5:30pm, daily
Instructor: Wolfgang Luckmann
Credits: 18 CEs
Location: AMTB, 141 E. High St., Pottstown, PA 19464
Developed by Osteopaths and East European physical therapists, this course embodies many of the major developments in cutting edge bodywork technique. The course allows you to move away from confrontational pain management techniques and neuromuscular trigger point techniques. We will focus on a comprehensive approach that is safe, cost efficient, and effective. Instead of focusing on spot work and isolated muscle groups, we approach the client from a body-mind-spirit viewpoint.
Areas of expertise taught:
- Postural Fascial Release
- Gentle joint mobilization techniques for the spine
- Structural changes
- Treating inflammatory muscle pain as in Fibromyalgia, arthritis, and chronic myofascial conditions
- Medical Qigong for self-healing and healing the client
You will learn:
- How to develop palpatory skills in detecting hard tonus and bad “energy cysts”.
- How to reduce and eliminate neuropathic muscle conditions when Trigger Point therapy isn’t enough.
- How to connect with the fascial lines of tension and communicate release to the whole body.
- How to help return the individual’s adaptive capacity by increasing space and mobility throughout.
- How to restore three-dimensional balance and return the body’s structure to a normal vertical orientation with gravity.
- How to release the Dura Mater which protects the spinal cord.
- How to reduce recovery time with TWO easy sessions and make the healing gentle and lasting.
Note: Students please wear loose clothing: shorts or pants that can be drawn over the knee, bathing suit or sports top. Also, there is a minimum of eight participants in this class; any less may warrant a change in class date. Maximum 20 participants.