You don’t want to miss this special 2-day class on June 23-24: Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy for the TMJ and Neck with a Focus on Headaches. If you work with people who get headaches, this is the class for you!
Most massage therapists have likely had clients with temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction. Approximately 65% to 85% of Americans experience symptoms during their lives. These symptoms include pain and muscle spasms in the head, mandible, neck and shoulder muscles; headaches; earaches; clicking noises or deviations when the mandible moves; limited ability to open the mouth; and dizziness. Causes of TMJ dysfunction include whiplash, bruxism, malocclusion, anxiety, stress, trigger points and postural dysfunction.
Myofascial pain from trigger points is so prevalent, a majority of people will suffer symptoms from active trigger points at some time during their lives. Many will suffer for weeks, months or years longer. During this course, a student will learn about the activation and treatment of trigger points with an emphasis on treatment techniques for the neck and TMJ
This class is designed to empower the therapist who wants to improve their ability to treat clients who present with chronic or ongoing pain symptoms and will include the following attributes:
- Evaluation of the muscle and how it plays a role in the symptoms of pain and stiffness in the neck and of the TMJ.
- How to introduce self-treatment to the client.
- Basic understanding when NOT to treat and when to refer to a specialist.
- Develop a treatment plan for the TMJ.
The Pressure Positive Company will provide attendees with complimentary coffee, tea, healthy snacks, bottled water and light lunch. The class fee includes:
- MyoFree® Solution Retail $58.95 http://www.pressurepositive.com/tmj-tools/the-myofree-solution.html
- Knobble II Retail 9.95 http://www.pressurepositive.com/massage-tools/the-knobbler-ii.html
- Lunch and light snacks throughout the day
Please call to save your space at 610-705-4401!