Are you like me and always have that one person you just can’t find the right gift for? Make the holidays a breeze this year by giving the gift of relaxation with a massage gift certificate! A massage makes for the perfect gift no matter who the recipient may be. Holiday stress, seasonal depression, cold weather making for a fair share of aches and pains, there are thousands of reasons the gift of a professional massage will make you a holiday hero this year.
Reasons You Should Give The Gift of Massage
- Massage is a gift that is both healthy and indulgent – Holidays and special occasions are often excuses to indulge in not-so-healthy ways, a massage gift certificate is the perfect way to help someone start off the new year.
- Stress Relief – The holidays are a time for friends, family, and chaos. Stress is at an all time high during the holidays, giving the gift of a relaxing massage shows you care.
- Make The Season Jolly – Massage makes a great holiday gift because it can boost your mood. The release of the feel-good hormone, oxytocin, is increased during massage, as is the release of serotonin and dopamine making for a Happy New Year.
- Improved Sleep – Nights are starting earlier, temperatures are dropping, and everything is lit up with sparkling lights throwing off our internal clocks. Combined with added stress from the holidays and many of us aren’t getting that much needed sleep we need. Research has shown that massage therapy can help improve mood and reset circadian rhythms, which can lead to better sleep and more energy.
- Calm Your Nerves – According to the National Institute of Mental Health, over 40 million adult Americans suffer from anxiety disorders. During the holidays many adults with anxiety can feel the symptoms even more due to the additional stress. Some adults who don’t normally deal with anxiety can be overcome with stress causing similar feelings. Studies show immediate beneficial effects on anxiety-related measures and may be a useful tool for reducing stress and anxiety.
- Pamper Your Loved Ones – Many people consider massage more of an indulgence than something that is beneficial to a person’s well being. Others may love the relaxation massage can bring but can’t splurge at the moment. With any scenario, a massage gift certificate is a great way to treat the people in your life to a little something special!
These are just a few of the reasons giving the gift of massage will be a great holiday gift this year. I could go on and on…but do you really need any more reasons?
Take advantage of the holiday sale going on right now at The Academy of Massage Therapy and Bodyworks. Until December 30th, purchase 4 One Hour Massages for just $119! Limit of 2 per client, for more details give us a call at (610) 705-4401.