ISN’T IT ABOUT TIME TO PUT BACK THE WOW INTO YOUR THERAPY?
INDIAN HEAD,FACE AND FOOT MASSAGE WITH AYURVEDIC OILS.(CHAMPA )
CE HOURS: 8 CE HOURS APPROVED BY THE N.C.B.T.M.B. PROV # 279778-00/ APPROVED BY THE FLORIDA STATE BOARD PROV # 50-1674
Did you know? “ The skin is no more separate from the brain than the surface of a lake is separate from its depths. They are two different locations in a continuous medium. To touch the surface is to stir the depths .” – Deane Juhan (author of Job’s Body )
Indian Head Massage has been practiced for many centuries as part of family health care. Indian mothers would massage their children’s hair, head, neck, and shoulders to stimulate growth. And relaxation.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- To eliminate Excess
- To purify
- To Strengthen or Rejuvenate
- To maintain Strength
- Understanding and reinforcing the individuality of the patient.
- Ayurvedic massage goes beyond the purely aesthetic and superficial
- Ayurvedic massage also stimulates nerve function ( e.g. Bells Palsy )
- Improves relaxation, creating calmness and emotional well-being
- Concentration and alertness are optimized
- Myofascial pain, fibromyalgia, and chronic internal disorders are addressed through stretches, opening up of the meridians, and Ayurvedic acupressure points
- Other benefits include Relief from tension headaches, eye strain, ear problems, neck-shoulder stiffness, sinusitis, scalp tension, and mental fatigue.
PURPOSE OF WORKSHOP
- How to incorporate massage, oils, and pressure point technique in 45 minutes.
- Explanation of the Ayurvedic understanding of the life force Prana, Ayurvedic massage and medicine
- How to evaluate, analyze, and treat the client as an individual.
- The three different types of massage suited for each individual
- An explanation of the functions of and locations of the marmas (pressure points ) and nadis ( meridian system )
- The purpose of appropriate essential oils, carrier oils, herbs, and energetic qualities for each client.
- How to match the personality type ( Dosha ) to the massage stroke and oils
THIS IS MAINLY A HANDS – ON COURSE. BRING A HAND TOWEL.
Parking is limited to three hours in front of AMTB; students should refrain from parking in front of AMTB and other High Street businesses. There is a paid parking lot located on Hanover Street (across from Sherwin Williams). Students can pay for parking using the kiosk or the Park Mobile App. We recommend that students download the parking app and add their license plate and credit card information prior to coming to class. Park where you are comfortable, but AMTB is not responsible for student vehicles or parking fines.