INTEGRATED MANUAL LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE MASSAGE WITH ACUPRESSURE, CUPPING, AND ESSENTIAL OILS
Date: March 28-29, 2020
Time: 8:30AM-5:30PM, daily
CEs: 18 NCBTMB approved. Prov # 279778 – 00 . Florida approved. Prov # 50 – 1674
Treating the head, face, trunk and limbs. This workshop is a multi-level approach and focuses on four interrelated areas and syndromes where dysfunctions occur:
- circulation/lymphatic flow
- immune system
- inflammation (inside/outside)
First, the theory of circulation/lymphatic disorders are examined from a Western and Traditional Chinese Medicine perceptive. Secondly, a hands-on approach is used where modalities of a. acupressure, b. essential oils, c. cupping and d. manual lymphatic drainage (Vodder Style) are used in sequence. In addition visceral manipulation is used on organs like the spleen (the largest lymphatic gland). The result is a synergistic blend that is system and HOLISTIC in the outcome. Results are deep and long-lasting because many physiological systems, like the endocrine system and not just muscular or circulatory get addressed. Therefore, this is a truly Medical Massage course.
The goal and outcome for the student is:
- Evaluate the signs and symptoms of the client who has: toxicity (emotional and physical), circulatory/lymphatic disorders, Inflammation, Immune system weakness
- Compare the benefits of treatments involving acupressure, essential oils, cupping, and manual lymphatic drainage.
- Identify and distinguish important acupressure points and meridians involved in healing inflammations, circulatory disorders, toxicity, and weak immune systems
- Set up protocol and perform a blend of treatments that include acupressure, essential oils, cupping, and manual lymphatic drainage
- Evaluate results and compare with conditions before and after
THE COURSE FOCUSES ON
- Theory of lymphatic flow from a Western and Eastern perspective:
- Increasing the flow of oxygen and blood to the facial area, neck , trunk and limbs
- Toning, tightening and detoxification of skin and organ systems
- Better mental alertness, focus and relaxation for the client
- Emotional and lymphatic cleansing through the use of essential oils
- Preventive maintenance
Traditionally, through the use of Acupressure and special manipulative massage strokes, the treatment goes beyond Swedish massage.
MASSAGE THERAPISTS, SKIN ESTHETICIANS, REIKI HEALERS AND NURSES CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS HOLISTIC APPROACH
In this course you will learn according to the Holistic Chinese Model
- Inflammation of soft tissue due to toxicity and injury. Edema caused by surgery
- Understanding the function of organs in Chinese medicine
- Location of the most important Meridian/Channel points and meridians on the face , head and body in getting rid of edema and toxicity
- Treatment protocols for the whole body. Accessing the surface lymphatics and deeper channels
- Treatment techniques for specific disorders
- Treating obesity and related edema
- Self-treatment for the patient
Students, please come dressed as if for Swedish massage, Sports halter top, bathing suit. Please bring a set of sheets (pillow case, too) and a large towel.