Introduction to Craniosacral Integration Therapy
Date: May 8-9, 2020
Instructor: Nurit Nardi, MA, LMT, RCST
Craniosacral Integration, a powerful hands-on approach that treats and supports the body’s wisdom and its innate ability to heal, is a wonderful tool to add to your existing massage practice. It gently addresses the spine, skull, sacrum, and fascia to treat pain and trauma as well as supports the body’s self healing process. Craniosacral Therapy has been around for a long time, but lately it has become increasingly popular therapy due to its effectiveness and safety. This workshop provides a thorough introduction to a powerful and unique light touch therapy.
You will learn:
- The theoretical foundation of Craniosacral Integration
- The lineage and development of the work
- Engaging with all levels of the system: physical structures, rhythmic motions, energy
- The core principles of “health”
- Hands-on cranial and sacral holds to help your clients in deep relaxation
- The concept of subtle hands-on palpation
- Developing therapeutic presence as a vital skill
- The fundamental platform-types and conditions Craniosacral can help
- The healing power of light touch
- Cultivating new self awareness and self growth
- And more…
Supplies: Students, please bring a set of sheets, including a pillow case and wear comfortable clothing.
About the Instructor:
The class teacher, Nurit Nardi, has been a body centered trauma therapist with a huge tool box for 33 years. She specializes in Craniosacral and somatic therapies and is licensed in New York State. After twenty years of teaching at the Swedish Institute for Massage Therapy, Nurit has pioneered the integration of this gentle manual therapy and strives to teach high quality, small group classes that are appropriate for body workers, yoga teachers, mental health practitioners and other health professionals.
Students and graduates of other CST courses are invited to attend this course. Nurit is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education approved providers.