Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy for the TMJ and Neck with a Focus on
Instructor: Jeff Lutz, LMT, CMTPT. Owner: Pain Treatment and Wellness Centers of Pittsburgh and Past
President of the National Association of Myofascial Trigger Point Therapists.
Date: Saturday & Sunday, June 23 & 24, 2018
Time: 9:00AM-6:00PM, daily
If you work with people who get headaches, this is the class for you!!
Myofascial pain from trigger points is so prevalent, a majority of people will suffer symptoms from active trigger points at some time during their lives. Many will suffer for weeks, months or years longer. During this course, a student will learn about the activation and treatment of trigger points with an emphasis on treatment techniques for the neck and TMJ
This class is designed to empower the therapist who wants to improve their ability to treat clients who present with chronic or ongoing pain symptoms and will include the following attributes:
- Evaluation of the muscle and how it plays a role in the symptoms of pain and stiffness in the neck and of the TMJ.
- How to introduce self-treatment to the client.
- Basic understanding when NOT to treat and when to refer to a specialist.
- Develop a treatment plan for the TMJ.
Please NOTE: You will be learning how to work inside the mouth. All proper protection (non-vinyl gloves and paper towels) will be provided. If you have a TMJ condition that would prohibit a fellow classmate from working with you, please let us know when you register for the course.
The Pressure Positive Company will provide attendees with complimentary coffee, tea, healthy snacks, bottled water and light lunch.
- MyoFree® Solution Retail $58.95 http://www.pressurepositive.com/tmj-tools/the-myofree-solution.html
- Knobble II Retail 9.95 http://www.pressurepositive.com/massage-tools/the-knobbler-ii.html
- Lunch and light snacks throughout the day