Nurturing the Mother: Pregnancy and Postpartum Massage
Instructor: Shanda Barker (Claire Marie Miller Seminar)
Date: October 23-25, 2020
Time: 9:00AM-6:00PM, daily
Cost: $450 If paid in full before September 23, 2020 ($475 after September 23)
Gain the skills to work with your client’s changing body. Be part of the magic and mystery of pregnancy-honoring and supporting the mother-baby bond. Feel confident giving a safe, therapeutic, and firm massage through ALL stages of pregnancy and postpartum.
In this class, you will learn:
- The anatomy and physiology for pregnancy and birth
- Pregnancy massage sequence
- Cautions and contraindications for pregnancy massage
- Guidelines for pregnancy massage for each trimester
- Massage cautions and variations for high-risk pregnancies
- Labor Massage and labor support techniques
- Newborn and infant massage demonstration
Supplies: Students, please bring a set of sheets, a large towel, and massage oil. Additional supplies will be communicated to students at the time of their registration.
Note: There is a minimum of six and a maximum of 10 students for this class.